Sunday, March 25, 2012

Time for an Update

Judging from my blog, you would think the only one of the 50 new things I've been working on would be my Project 365, but that's completely not the case. The only reason I haven't posted about any of the other adventures is that most of them are a work in progress.  That being said, it's time for an update!

My Puzzle
I really hope you didn't expect me to finish my 1,000 piece!! puzzle yet.  After three times through all 1,000 pieces I found most of the edge pieces.
The missing edge :(
 I got all of the edge pieces I had found put together, only to find out that I am missing one (ONE!) edge piece.  I'm dreading going through all of the pieces again to find the missing edge, so I'm taking a bit of a break until I go back to it.  I'm search again tonight.






Running
Several of my goals involve running (run two 5Ks in one day, run a half-marathon, and participate in a triathlon).  Considering I don't think I have gone running since the Peachtree Roadrace last 4th of July, I figured it was time to get started on this one.  I downloaded an app on my iPhone called "Run 10K," which is essentially a couch-to-10K program.  This is nice because it's meant for couch potatos, which sadly is what I have become (although I prefer to sit at my kitchen table, not my couch).  It's a 14 week plan, with three runs each week.  It's interval training, so the program has you alternate running and walking, which is definitely what I need at this point.  I did my first run yesterday, and weather and the scenery was really pretty. I survived my first day, and day two of running will come tomorrow.
View on my run

My legs look SUPER long in this shadow
 My dad and I both signed up for the Peachtree Roadrace for this year, and we should find out by tomorrow whether we got numbers or not.  That would be a great step towards any of my athletic goals.  There's a half-marathon in Athens in October, so I'm hoping that I can keep up my running after July and be able to do the half in the fall.

No sodas for a year
This one is for James.  He grew up not drinking sodas, and he hates how much I love Coke (not even diet, the real thing).  I know they're not good for me, and I know they're not helping me lose any weight, so I figured if I could go an entire year without drinking any soda, then that would hopefully break my addiction and my taste for them. I've been successful so far, and I'm on day 8.  My only real temptation was on Wednesday when my principal had the Varsity catered for us.  I can't tell you how much of a letdown it was to drink a Gatorade with my hot dog and cheeseburger, but I made it.   
If I can eat the Varsity without a Coke, the rest of the year shouldn't be a problem!


Upcoming Events
James has been encouraging me to go ahead and get some of these things scheduled, so it's not a year from now and I still have 48 things left to do.  So here's the plan...
*My dad and I will be hiking part of the Appalachian Trail in North Georgia over my spring break in April
*A friend at work participates in rodeos, so she's going to let me know when there's one close by
*I've looked up SCUBA courses at UGA, and my generous step-sister is going to loan me her SCUBA equipment

I think that's it for now.  It's been a little over a week since James left.  He left Sacramento this morning and is now at Ft. Bliss, Texas, where he'll be for a few weeks.  I'd say I'm off to a pretty good start for one week in!

2 comments:

  1. You are off to a great start for one week in! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh... that would be "lend," not "loan."

    xxxooo
    ybsm

    ReplyDelete