Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Long Overdue Update

3,200 miles later, I'm finally back home to Athens to stay (at least for a little while).  The pups and I set out a few weeks ago for our big adventure to Iowa.  After an overnight stop in St. Louis, we made it to Gramma's house in West Des Moines, Iowa on Friday, June 22.  For a little over two weeks, we hung out with friends, barked a lot, ate good food, barked a lot, saw a lot of family, swam in the pool (dogs included), barked a lot, and relaxed (and barked a lot).  Two and a half weeks later, it was time to come home.  Mac and Milo stayed in their first hotel at a Hampton Inn in Dyersburg, TN.  They were excellent guests, aside from Mac's middle of the night growling.  We completed our drive back to Athens on Tuesday.  On Wednesday, I decided I hadn't done quite enough driving, so I dropped my dogs off at my parents' house and headed to Tennessee to visit some friends.  After an overnight there, it was back to Roswell to pick up the dogs, and then back to Athens to update my blog.  Below are most of my Project 365 pictures from the trip.  As you can see, we had a great time!  That being said, in the words of Dorothy, "There is no place like home."

Day 102: This is Milo 10 minutes from home on our hour long walk. He acted like he needed to pee and then just laid down in the grass!  Lazy puppy 
Day 103: Uncle Buddy looks sad

Day 104: Pedicure with Gramma and Bailey

Day 105: Fun night in West Des Moines

Day 106: Mini-roadtrip with my little brother

Day 107: Milo on lookout patrol

Day 108: Pool day at Aunt Martha's

Day 109: My new haircut, thanks to my little brother

Day 110: Rotisserie chicken napkin folding at Zombie Burger

Day 111: 3rd of July parade in Iowa

Day 112: Happy 4th of July!

Day 113: Tug-of-War

Day 114: My patriotic puppy

Day 115: Menchies!

Day 116: Our annual twin picture

Day 117: I found my road in Missouri

Day 118: Redneck carpool

Day 119: It's in my calendar; that makes it almost official

No comments:

Post a Comment