Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Let's All Go to the {Craft} Fair!

Last week, my life was completely taken over by CRAFTING!  About a month ago, I signed up to have a table at a craft fair at Bethlehem First United Methodist Church in Bethlehem (duh).  Unfortunately, I didn't really start preparing until about a week before the craft fair.  Thus, my office/craft room got completely taken over.




Every single surface was covered in coasters, necklace pendants, and magnets.  Fortunately, by the time Thursday night at 10:30 rolled around, I had all of my items finished, ready to go, and loaded into the car.  I think at final count, I went to the craft fair with 30 sets of coasters, 20 sets of magnets, and 20 necklaces.

My other challenge was figuring out how to display everything.  I ended up using some rolled bulletin board material in 5"x7" frames, and tacking the chains over the top and around the back of the frames.


For the magnets, I covered a baking sheet with scrapbook paper.  I didn't really think about how heavy that would be, so I had a little trouble standing it up, but we made it work.

After school Friday, I went by the church and got my table all set up.  It took about an hour, but I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. It was a little cramped, but I wanted everything out because you never know what might catch somebody's eye.

The craft fair started Saturday morning at 10.  Tamara had warned me how boring craft fairs can be, so luckily my friend Robb agreed to come hang out with me for the day.  I should have known that he would not approve of my table set-up, so he spent a good bit of his time there rearranging my table.  Good thing I like Robb's style!



The craft fair itself was pretty boring, but I did make some sales.



My only goal was to make at least $25 so I could feel like my table was paid for, and I made that with my first customer.  She bought three sets of coasters and two necklaces!  After that, little sales trickled in for the remainder of the time.  By the end of the day, I had made $115.  Not bad, considering this was my first craft fair!


I'm looking forward to getting all the new items up on my Etsy shop so I can hopefully sell some more of it during the Etsy Christmas rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment