Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Week Without Buying Anything??

One of my challenges is to go an entire week without buying anything.  I am about to run out of money on my Publix gift card, and I'm low on spending money, so I figured I might as well try to take on this challenge this week.  It will be an interesting challenge. For one, it's the first week of summer.  I now have long days looming in front of me, and I tend to fill my days by running errands.  None of that this week!  Also, my fridge is not exactly well-stocked at the moment.  I have been eating out a lot lately and haven't really stocked up on groceries, so I will be eating pretty basic meals this week.  Fortunately, I had my bonfire last night and several people left their grilling leftovers behind to help me survive the week.  This is definitely doable.

Now, there are a few ground rules.

1. I will buy nothing.  This includes using gift cards to make a purchase.

2. I am still allowed to pay bills.

3. I need to send James a care package full of items he needs, so the cost of shipping with not be counted against me.

4. Other people are welcome to buy me things :)  I just can't buy them for myself.

5. If anything sells from my Etsy shop, I am allowed to pay for shipping of those items.

6. The challenge began this morning at 12:01 am and will end next Friday at 11:59 pm.

Wish me luck, and don't invite me out to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment