Friday, August 24, 2012

Joy of Cooking.... Baked Chicken

Now that I'm doing a week's worth of cooking each Sunday, I'm going to try to use this time to do some more recipes from the Joy of Cooking cookbook.  Sure would be nice to cross something else off my list!  The first weekend I did my whole week's cooking, I bought some chicken breasts to do baked chicken using some leftover breading I had made before.  Once I got home, I realized that I had thrown out the baggie with the breading when I last cleaned out my pantry.  WHOOPS!  Luckily, Joy of Cooking has umpteen baked chicken recipes, so it was easy to find one that sounded appealing and I had all of the ingredients for.  Check out the recipe for Baked Mustard Chicken.

THE RECIPE

Preheat oven to 350

Get your stuff ready!

Coat chicken in Dijon mustard

Whoops...my spicy brown mustard was a little past date.  Oh well, it tasted fine, and I didn't die.  Guess I'll keep using it!

Mix together all your dry ingredients

Coat chicken in breading

Place chicken breasts on baking dish covered in foil for easy clean-up

Bake for 30-40 minutes (or until chicken is no longer pink inside)

Yum!
I meant to take a picture of my chicken looking nice on a plate with some side items (egg noodles and zucchini fries in my case), but I forgot.  So instead, you get this ugly picture of my chicken fresh from the oven.  I promise it was tasty!

Mustard Baked Chicken
Chicken breasts
1/3 cup Dijohn mustard
2 cups dry unseasoned bread crumbs (I used Panko)
1/4 cup parsley
2 T melted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 t salt
1/2 t black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly oil a baking sheet.
2. Brush the chicken pieces liberally with the Dijon mustard
3. In a wide, shallow bowl combine breadcrumbs, parsley, melted butter, garlic, salt, and pepper.
4. Coat each piece of chicken with the crumb mixture, patting with your fingers to make sure the crumbs adhere.
5. Place the chicken on the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
7. Enjoy with your favorite sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment